Before You Start – Golden Rules
It’s important to note that Augma bone graft cement enables to perform complex procedures in a simplified approach, and therefore, we must respect the protocols.
- The cement must be compacted by applying strong finger pressure for 3 seconds, followed by additional firm pressure with a periosteal elevator.
- When grafting without flap reflection, material must be protected with a collagen sponge/plug.
- When grafting with flap reflection, the vertical incision should not pass the mucogingival line by more than 3mm.
- After graft placement, the flap should be stretched to achieve closure.
- No tension free flap is needed. Therefore, do not perform horizontal releasing incisions.
- Primary closure is not mandatory. An opening of up to 3mm is acceptable.
- Do not use membranes or PRF between the flap and the material.
- Do not use fast absorbing sutures such as catgut/chrome.
- Do not use any removable provisional/temporaries (flipper). Maryland or a bridge are recommended.